Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Bernhard Blümich
Room 38B 121
publicationslist of publications
- 1993 to date Professor of Macromolecular Chemistry at the RWTH Aachen
- 1988 Habilitation in Physical Chemistry at the JGU Mainz
- 1984 to 1992 Staff scientist at the MPI for polymer research in Mainz
- 1983 Staff scientist, Macromolecular Chemistry, University Bayreuth
- 1982 NATO Postdoctoral Fellow, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Canada
- 1981 Promotion to Dr. rer. nat. in Physical Chemistry at the TU Berlin
- NMR in materials science
- NMR in processes
- Mobile NMR
- Honorary member of the Indian Society of Magnetic Resonance (2009)
- Third prize in the Northrhine-Westfalian State Patent Competition 'For the Invention of the Profile NMR MOUSE'
- Fellow of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance (2008)
- Ampére Prize of the Groupement AMPERE 'For the Development of the NMR MOUSE and its Applications to Various Fields in Science and Technology' (2007)
- Visiting Miller Professor, Miller Institute for Basic Research in Science, UC Berkeley (2006)
- Member of the Large-Scale Instrumentation Committee of the DFG (2003-2009)
- Founder and Past Chair of the Division of Spatially Resolved Magnetic Resonance of the AMPERE Society
- DFG Collaborative Research Project FOR 333, Surface NMR of Elastomers and Biological Tissues (1999 - 2005, Chair)
- Dr. honoris causa received from the TU Cluj-Napoca (2002)
- B. Blümich, NMR Imaging of Materials, Clarendon Press, Oxford 2000.
- B. Blümich, Essential NMR for Scientists and Engineers, Springer, Berlin, 2005.
- J. Perlo, F. Casanova, B. Blümich, Ex situ NMR in Highly Homogeneous Fields: 1H Spectroscopy, Science 315 (2007), 1110.
- S. Appelt, H. Kühn, F. W. Häsing, B. Blümich, Chemical Analysis by Ultrahigh Resolution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in the Earth's Magnetic Field, Nature Physics 2 (2006), 105.
- J. Perlo, V. Demas, F. Casanova, C.A. Meriles, J. Reimer, A. Pines, B. Blümich, High-resolution NMR spectroscopy with a portable single-sided sensor, Science 308 (2005) 1278.